This cabbage recipe is cheesy and crunchy in the same bite. The dish will be full to the brim before baking, but no worries – the cabbage will cook down during baking.
Prep: 10 mins. Cook: 1 hr 15 mins. Yield: 6 servings.
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10-oz) package shredded angel hair cabbage (or 10 ounces of very thinly sliced cabbage)
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Stir together cereal and butter; spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with cabbage and onion.
Stir together milk, mayo, and soup. Pour over cabbage. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining cereal mixture. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until top is golden and crispy.
How visitors found this page:
- scalloped cabbage recipe
- cheesy scalloped cabbage
- cheesy scalloped cabbage recipe
- recipe for scalloped cabbage
- scallop and cabbage
- scalloped cabbage recipes easy
- Scalloped Nappa Cabbage